Divorce in Marlton
Divorce is a completely life-changing experience. It will undoubtedly reshape your entire family, all of your relationships and will likely have a significant impact on your financial well-being. Child custody battles, child support disputes and alimony payments can all cause stress, as can the distribution of assets and debts.
If you or someone you know is planning to divorce in Marlton, NJ, or anywhere in Camden, Burlington or Gloucester County, NJ, you need a compassionate, experienced family attorney to guide you through what can be an extremely difficult and emotional time in your life. Contact Graziano & Flynn PC in Cherry Hill, NJ, for sound legal advice about your divorce proceedings.Rely on Skillful Family Attorneys Who Help Couples Divorce in Maple Shade, Cinnaminson and Collingswood
The experienced family lawyers at Graziano & Flynn, P.C. are notorious for winning divorce wars throughout Camden County including Marlton, Collingswood, Maple Shade and Cinnaminson. At the same time, clients come to us because we know how difficult and emotional the divorce process can be. Speak to our caring lawyers who will be by your side while fighting for your rights.
Unless couples agree to an uncontested divorce and accept the terms, many problems may arise during divorce proceedings. Unfortunately, couples often disagree on important issues, especially when marital assets have grown significantly during the marriage. Further, when children are involved, and there are child custody and support disputes, minor disagreements can quickly become heated battles. If spouses fail to agree on these matters, the court may become involved in negotiations. Here are a few areas of divorce law that may affect your case:
- Child custody is frequently a battleground between spouses. Ultimately, the decision will be based on what is best for the child. Often, judges advocate joint custody or split custody, but sole custody is not uncommon.
- Child support is another common source of dispute during divorce. It is both parents’ responsibility to provide for the child’s education, activities, basic rights, daycare, housing, medical care and more. The non-custodian usually must provide financial assistance to the custodian.
- Alimony is often necessary when spouses need help getting on their feet after a divorce. It could be that one spouse earns significantly less after dedicating years of their lives to the marriage and running the home.
- Asset division is a major cause of dissent between warring spouses. It is necessary to be fair, but it is also important to fight for what is yours. Assets are a source of wealth, which can grow considerably in a marriage.
- Division of debt is another issue that can cause heated battles. This is especially true if one spouse believes the other incurred debt outside the marriage, i.e.: gambling debt or “extracurricular activities.”
In Marlton, divorces that do not involve children tend to be less complicated. Child support and custody are often sources of disagreement, but without children, these issues are irrelevant. However, if there are children, then they will most definitely influence the divorce proceedings. Often, there is major conflict over child custody and support, which can result in extreme turbulence in the case. Graziano & Flynn have many years of experience helping couples split after years of marriage – whether there are children involved or not.Contact Graziano & Flynn for Experienced Divorce Representation in Marlton, N.J.
New Jersey legislators reformed alimony laws in 2014. Spousal support payments will be limited to the length of the marriage unless the union lasted more than 20 years. Additionally, most alimony orders will end after retirement, and judges have new guidelines to reevaluate payments in accordance with changing circumstances.
Also, couples are able to bypass the litigation system by avoiding the court altogether—if they are eligible for a collaborative law divorce. This is a faster, cheaper and less devastating approach to settling contested divorce cases. By law, a collaborative divorce attorney, such as one from Graziano & Flynn, P.C., must represent each spouse so that couples can agree on a fair divorce settlement.
Due to the fact that tempers run high in divorce proceedings, many people make mistakes that compromise their interests. Clear thinking is crucial and emotional distress hinders the ability to remain calm and in perspective. Graziano & Flynn, P.C. will fight for your rights and support you throughout the process. Contact our Cherry Hill, NJ, office today to schedule a consultation.