A forklift is often the most dangerous piece of equipment found in a manufacturing facility, warehouse, grocery store or construction site. Although heavy, its small size makes it prone to tipping over on uneven surfaces, and its speed can contribute to collisions with people and property. Proper maintenance and operator safety training are essential to minimize forklift accidents.
The New Jersey lawyers at Graziano & Flynn, P.C., represent people who have been injured in forklift accidents throughout South Jersey and southeastern Pennsylvania. Our clients include those who were hurt at construction sites, in industrial workplaces and in public venues such as warehouse stores.
Our New Jersey forklift accident lawyers have an outstanding reputation for pursuing financial recovery from all responsible parties, including manufacturers of defective products, property owners and maintenance companies that failed to properly maintain equipment. You can see some of the forklift accident cases we have handled successfully on our verdicts and settlements page.
When handling these claims, we seek answers to pivotal questions such as:
- Was the forklift driver properly trained in safety procedures? Were those procedures followed (for example, did the forklift operator sound a warning horn when approaching an area in which his or her vision was obstructed)?
- Was the forklift equipped with a seat belt to prevent the driver from being ejected and crushed if the forklift tipped over?
- Had the forklift been properly maintained? Were brakes, blades and cables inspected on a regular schedule to ensure its safe operation and that cables would not snap?
- Was the forklift operator told by his or her supervisor to operate the forklift in a dangerous area or on an uneven surface?
- Was the forklift equipped properly for the task? If not, did this lead to the forklift accident (for example, were the forklift blades too small to lift the equipment it was supposed to lift)?
It should be clear from these questions that forklift injuries require an experienced attorney to thoroughly investigate the cause of the accident in order to prove liability. A forklift collision with scaffolding, causing the scaffolding to collapse and people to be injured by falling products, may at first seem to be driver error but could be a case of improper maintenance. There may be several parties responsible for your injuries.Contact a Cherry Hill Forklift Injury Lawyer for a Free Consultation
For more information about how Graziano & Flynn, P.C., may be able to help you recover the compensation if you were hurt in a New Jersey forklift accident, please call or contact us online.