Issues for Business Owners
You worked day in and day out to build your business – and now a looming divorce stands to take everything away from you. If you own a business and are currently going through a divorce, you need to do everything in your power to protect your company and its assets.
Graziano & Flynn, P.C. is a full-service divorce law firm. Our attorneys have vast experience handling business matters as they relate to the dissolution of marriage. You can trust of sound negotiable skills as well as our deep legal knowledge to ensure your business interests remain protected.
Located in Cherry Hill, NJ, Graziano & Flynn serves clients throughout Camden County, including Mt. Laurel, Moorestown, Haddonfield, Medford, Voorhees, Pennsauken, Willingboro, Cinnaminson and Evesham.What Do Business Owners Stand to Lose in a New Jersey Divorce?
Just as no two couples are alike, neither are any two divorces. That being said, most couples have many of the same challenges to tackle when working out a divorce settlement – namely, child custody, who keeps the house, how are bank accounts and other assets divided, etc.
Business owners have an added complication. When you are a business owner, you stand the lose more than personal assets – you stand to lose the company you have worked so hard to build.
A business may be considered as asset or property like anything else, and is subject to New Jersey’s equitable distribution laws. Without the help of an aggressive and diligent divorce attorney like Ronald Graziano, managing partner of Cherry Hill, NJ-based family law firm Graziano & Flynn, you are at risk of losing:
- The Business Itself: You might need to sell the company or shares of the business to pay your former spouse.
- Equitable Interest: Your ex-spouse might be allowed to retain some equity in your business.
- Control of Operations: If your ex is a partner in the business or is somehow involved in the operations of the company, he or she might be able to remain involved.
- Part of the Value of the Business: If you started the business before you were married, it is generally considered separate property. However, if the business rose in value during the course of your marriage, your ex-spouse may be entitled to a portion of its risen value.
Many business owners find themselves embroiled in a complicated, high net divorce. Without diligent representation from a qualified attorney, you put your financial well-being and your professional reputation at risk. Contact Ronald Graziano of Graziano & Flynn today for a consultation about your personal situation; rest assured, he will protect your interests and the business you’ve worked so hard to build.Skilled Divorce Lawyer Ron Graziano Will Make Sure Your NJ Business is Valued Accurately
Your spouse’s attorney is sure to assess your the value of your business. However, you and your attorney at Graziano & Flynn also perform a thorough appraisal. We may call in experts, such as a CPA or other outside counsel, to help the process along. We’ll examine things like:
- Fair value of the business
- and more
To ensure we get the most accurate assessment, Mr. Graziano will need to review all your information. Once you retain the law firm of Graziano & Flynn, you will need to gather all your business’ financial records handy, including purchase orders, pay stubs from employees, tax records, invoices, and any other relevant documentation.We’ll Protect Your Business from the Fallout of a Divorce
Cherry Hill, NJ divorce lawyer Ron Graziano will provide guidance and direction on the most effective ways to shield your business from your soon-to-be ex spouse. Here some issues he may discuss that will protect your company:
- Easing your spouse out if he or she is a partner or part-owner
- Keeping your personal and business finances separate
- Retaining accurate financial records
- Reviewing your pre- or post-nuptial agreement
- Sacrificing other personal assets, such as a vehicle or savings account, instead business assets
- Opting for a payment plan instead of paying out a lump sum if your spouse is entitled to a portion of the business’ value
Divorce is undeniably stressful for myriad reasons. It’s even more so when you fear your business may be at stake. Rest assured, once you retain representation from a divorce attorney at Graziano & Flynn, we can give you specific advice on how to handle your unique issues.Contact a Divorce Lawyer in Cherry Hill, NJ Today; Graziano & Flynn Will Protect Your Company & Your Financial Interests
When everything you’ve worked so hard for is at risk, do not settle for just any divorce lawyer. Choose Graziano & Flynn, P.C. for more than just sound legal advice; we are passionate about protecting the financial interests of our divorcing clients.
To schedule a consultation, contact our firm today. Located in Cherry Hill, NJ, Graziano & Flynn serves clients throughout Camden County, including Mt. Laurel, Moorestown, Haddonfield, Medford, Voorhees, Pennsauken, Willingboro, Cinnaminson, and Evesham.