FULLY OPERATIONAL DURING COVID-19 CRISIS: We are OPEN. Telephone and Video Conferences Available. Learn More ›

Modification and Enforcement of Custody Arrangements

Work With Experienced New Jersey Child Custody Lawyers
How Can I Make Changes to My Child Custody Agreement?

When changes to a child custody agreement are requested, the court will review the facts and, if warranted, issue a post-judgment modification. Agreements cannot be altered unless circumstances clearly indicate a change is necessary. It's crucial to work with an experienced attorney to obtain the best results since modifications to one part of a divorce agreement can often result in more extensive changes.

Back to Top

When Might I Need a Post-Judgment Modification?

Common issues that can trigger a request for modification include remarriage, additional children, substance abuse, and cohabitation. Any changes to a child's living situation may necessitate revisiting the original custody agreement. If an ex-spouse doesn't abide by the conditions established in a custody agreement, that may also be cause for a modification. If you think you need to modify your custody arrangements, contact Graziano & Flynn for an appointment to discuss your situation.

Back to Top

What If I Want to Move Out of New Jersey With My Child?

If you decide to move out of state, you must ask the court for permission. In general, children must stay in the state where the divorce was granted. A judge has to approve moving children out of state. You must have valid reasons for the move, such as a new job. In most cases, it's best if you can work out an agreement with your ex-spouse before moving forward with a request to the court. It's essential to work with experienced New Jersey child custody lawyers if you're contemplating a move that would require modification of your custody agreement.

Back to Top

What If My Ex-Spouse Violates Our Custody Agreement?

It's distressing when a former spouse doesn't abide by a custody agreement. To understand all the remedies available to you, you should talk to a qualified child custody lawyer. In some cases, you may need to seek a modification of your custody agreement. Contact Graziano & Flynn to make an appointment for a consultation if you're dealing with a non-compliant ex-spouse.

Back to Top

Can Graziano & Flynn Help Me Oppose a Modification?

Yes, we can help. Whether you need to request a post-judgment modification or oppose proposed changes, our team is here for you. Modification can be a complex issue, and it's vital that you consult with an experienced lawyer.

Back to Top

Is Substance Abuse Grounds for a Modification In New Jersey?

Substance abuse can negatively affect children, and the court will consider it when determining custody. The New Jersey courts are committed to protecting the health and welfare of children, and a parent with an alcohol or drug problem can be extremely harmful to a child. Talk to your attorney if substance abuse has become an issue.

Back to Top

Contact Us for Help with Your Post-Judgment Modification

If you're in New Jersey, contact Graziano & Flynn to discuss any post-judgment modification concerns you have. Our lawyers are highly skilled and willing to fight for your rights.

Client Reviews
Attorney Graziano is one of the brightest and most compassionate professionals which anyone could work with! He is a great advocate and is extremely knowledgable of the judicial system. He made a very unpleasant legal situation a pleasant journey, and he helped keep things in perspective and in a positive light. I fully recommend him without reservation! Danielle
Robyn made the divorce process bearable by making sure I was ok every step of the way. She was a fighter when she needed to be and compassionate the rest of the time. The thing I liked best about her is that she was encouraging when I needed to get my end of the work done. She was reasonably priced and worked hard to get my case settled. I have since recommended her to 3 other friends who have retained her services. Ana Z.
It seemed like my case took forever but I trusted Ron Graziano and listened to what he had to say. Mr Graziano said that the insurance company was not being fair and that we should go to trial. The trial was very nerve racking however he eased my mind and killed them with proof and knowledge. My outcome of my trial brought me to tears of joy. I could never imagine such a good outcome. Listen to him, have faith and you too will be impressed. Robin
After a divorce, my ex-husband was not keeping up with his scheduled child support payments. With the help and knowledge of Robyn Flynn, I was able to resolve this issue. Being a single mother of three children, Robyn Flynn made me a priority. I felt respected by her always keeping me informed and encouraged. She was not only my lawyer, but a friend during a very stressful time in my life. I would never use another attorney other than Robyn Flynn and highly recommend her to my friends as a trustworthy, professional and experienced lawyer. Anna H.
Ron is an extremely trustworthy lawyer. Listen to what he says and have faith in him, you will be as impressed as I am! I couldn't have dreamed of a better outcome in my case. I wouldn't have wanted anyone else to represent me, I highly recommend him to anyone looking for an amazing lawyer!!
His staff is amazing as well!!
Robyn is an excellent litigator and educated/guided me throughout my divorce. She is incredibly gifted in managing your case and fighting for you with opposing consul. Through the dark days she kept me going and helped me get the results me and my children deserved. Chris K.

(Results may vary depending upon your particular facts and legal circumstances.)